Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Miracles Blossom Butterfly

Hi there! I have a pretty simple card to show you today. I made this for a recent magazine sketch submission call, but it didn't get picked up. All the images are from Hope Grows. The card base is 4.25 by 4.25 inches. I had someone ask me recently about what size most of my cards are and I've lost track of the email or comments, so I will answer here that almost every card I make is the A2 size, 4.24 by 5.5 inches.

I used Pure Luxury White for my card base and punched a hole in a sticky note to make a mask. Then I placed the mask on the card base and sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink.

I moved the mask to the side and sponged Memento Tangelo ink.

Then moved it to the other side and sponged Memento Tangelo again.

I used the mask again and stamped the leafy branch, using Memento Bamboo Leaves.

I moved the mask and stamped the branch a few more times, then I stamped the butterfly, with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I stamped the butterfly again, on another piece of Pure Luxury White card stock and used Copics to color. I started with RV19.

I added RV25.


Then added RV23. I left some white space for highlighting, and used my blender pen on those areas to let some of the pink bleed in, softening the transition. After coloring, I cut out the butterfly.

I stamped the sentiment directly on the card base and used my YG23 to highlight the word "blossom."


I used Pop Dots to adhere the cut butterfly over the card base butterfly.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Patti J said...

This is beautiful, Theresa. I can't imagine it not being published! You are amazing, my friend!

Danni said...

Truly gorgeous! Love how the butterfly just pops off the card!

Cindy said...

Theresa, This is beautiful, as always!! I just got a blender pen, I must practice!!! I love your turorials!!!

Maja said...

I am so amazed by the cards that you make! It's such an inspiration! =)

I make my own backgrounds, but I have never tried (or seen anyone else) making them like you do.
-that is going to change... ;)

Can you use distress ink. instead for memento to sponge the cards? I've never seen so many different colors of memento ink here in Norway...

Sheree said...

Another gorgeous card! Well done!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! Just Beautiful

Virginia Wingo said...

What a striking card this is and the colors are magnificent together. You are a master at using colors.