Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Little Moments

Hello! I combined three stamp sets on this card, Warm With Love, Vogue Vases and Hope Grows. 

I started by sponging Memento New Sprout ink on my background. 

Then I sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves. 

Using the palm leaves, from Vogue Vases, I stamped using Memento Bamboo Leaves, stamping a second time before re-inking to give it some depth. 

Stamped the butterfly, from Warm With Love, using Memento Tuxedo Black. 

Then I stamped the branch, from Hope Grows, using Memento Desert Sand ink. 

I stamped the butterfly again and colored with Copics, starting with Y15.

Added Y17.

Added YR07 and then used my blender pen to lighten up the area right at the base of the wings.

Added R08. After coloring, I cut out the butterfly, trimming away the legs and antennae.

I adhered the butterfly to the one on the background, using Pop Dots, lining it up with the original stamped butterfly, so it would appear to have legs and antennae. The sentiment, also from Vogue Vases, was stamped on Pure Luxury Vellum. I adhered the vellum with Pop Dots and placed buttons on the sides to hide the Pop Dots. I tied a little piece of Jute Twine on each button. I layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown card stock and used a Fresh Asparagus card base.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!

9 comments:

Donna said...

This is gorgeous!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Theresa!!

Unknown said...

Simply wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous, double-gorgeous card, Theresa!!! Thank you for sharing such beauty!! ~Amy S.~

Kathy R. said...

Such a beautiful card. I love butterflies.

jcarr0423 said...

Lovely. I'm learning touse the cpoics.

Tankku said...

So lovely card! i love every details!

KonaRose said...

Incredible

Jennifer said...

Omg I never thought to stamp the image on the card then stamp again on another page, and cut off the antennae and legs...I always end up super frustrated trying to cut around those tiny little details.