Thursday, September 22, 2011

Beacon of Light


Hello! My card today used a lighthouse from By The Sea and sentiment from Sending Sunshine.

I stamped the lighthouse on a Pure Luxury White background, cut to 2 1/4 by 3 3/4 inches, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored with Copics, starting with N5. 

Added N3. 

Added N1 and used my blender pen to smooth out the highlights.

I used Y21 and Y000 to add a light shining from the lighthouse.

For the bluffs the lighthouse rests on, I started with N7.

Added N5.

Then filled in with N3.

I colored in the image completely with a VersaMarker pen so my embossing powder would stick, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

 
I used a sticky note to mask the bottom and sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink using my Sponge Dauber. I just got some of these smaller sponge daubers and really like them to be able to sponged smaller areas like doing this sun.

I used another small sponge dauber to add some Memento Rose Bud ink.

Then back to my normal Jumbo Sponge Dauber to sponge Memento Lulu Lavender for the sky.

I cut a thin pie shaped from a sticky note to mask an area for the lamp shine. Then sponged Memento Grape Jelly ink.

I moved the mask to cover the sky and sponged Memento Grape Jelly, darker than the sky, for the sea.

I used an opaque white gel pen to add some ripples to the water. Then I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and White. The white is cut to 3 3/4 by 5. The card base is Pure Luxury Vibrant Purple. I used my Scor-Pal to score the white layer after stamping the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a fantastic day.

11 comments:

Patti J said...

Theresa, I don't know how it's possible for your cards to get any better, but they do!!! Oh my gosh, girl, this card is so beautiful. I'm in need of a sympathy card, and this would make such a pretty card. Now, if I only had your talent!!! Absolutely stunning, my friend! Take care, and thanks for sharing :)

Judy Inukai said...

Beautiful card! I love the shades of purple.

Becky said...

I agree with Patti :)..every card you do looks awesome :)

Karin said...

Love your cards..Really pretty, but always wondered what size the paper was. Thanks for posting that info. it helps alot :)

Unknown said...

Oh my! This is so beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial. Oh, need more words :O)

Luv 2 Create said...

I am at a loss for words. This is just gorgeous, and I am not usually a purple fan. Truely amazing.
Marcie

Nana Donna said...

Fabulous thanks for the instructions. You are so very talented

Marimer said...

Enhorabuena, Teresa, cada vez son mas maravillosas, ésta de hoy me encanta, los tonos elegidos y todas las explicaciones que das, gracias por compartir.
Besitos.

Shereen said...

Absolutely Stunning. Never thought the colour purple could be so beautiful - Well Done!

Betty Neville said...

Wow Theresa! What an amazing card! Beautifully done!

Barb Ghig said...

Another really STUNNING card! Your details are just beautiful, and I love that you used unconventional colors....so, so pretty!

Thanks for the tutorial, too...you're the BEST!!!!!!!