Monday, March 5, 2012

Tranquil Heron

Hello! Can you believe it's Monday already? I made this card over the weekend, inspired by this photo I found online. I used images from Follow Your Dreams and sentiment from Mountain Wilderness.

To begin, I stamped the heron with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics, starting with YR12 ND Y21.

Then I filled in with W1.

Shaded with W3.

Then deepened the shading with W5.

Then used N5 for even deeper shading.

Then used E53 on the legs. After coloring, I cut out the image.

I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White to 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches and sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Sponged Memento Rich Cocoa.

Then sponged Memento Potter's Clay to warm up the Rich Cocoa.

Using my E35 Copic, I made a bunch of horizontal lines.

Then I used my blender pen to soften and lighten those marks.

I came back with the E35 and added some low-lights to the marks.

Sponged just a little bit of Tuxedo Black at the bottom to make it a little darker.

I stamped the heron on the background so the ripples would be there after I adhere the colored image. I left the crest of feather on his head un-inked.

Then I adhered the colored image.

I stamped the water grass using Memento Rich Cocoa several times.

I layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown and added a some Jute Twine to embellish. The card base is Pure Luxury Pumpkin Spice and measures 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches. I stamped the vertical sentiment then added score lines using my Scor-Buddy.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your week is off to a great start!


Pin It

11 comments:

Dawnll said...

Your colors are amazing on this beauty

Ravengirl said...

So masterfully done!

Leta said...

This is so Amazing...love everything about it

Cheri said...

Yikes, Theresa! This is Fabulous!!

Natalie said...

This is gorgeous, I love the background. Thanks so much for sharing the how to's! Your blog is like taking an art class! Love it!

Becky said...

Awesome card and colors Theresa..

velta said...

Beautiful...I just saw the Happy Birthday Giraffe on Gina K's blog...cannot wait to see what you do with that one...I want it! TFS!

Pitchoune said...

so beautyful ! A+

Lauretta DeShane said...

Your "Live, Laugh, Love" card is beautiful...thank you for sharing :)

Theresa said...

You make the sunsets look

Theresa said...

Love yhedesings