Monday, August 6, 2012

Covered Bridge Tutorial

Hello! Thank you for all your wonderful comments about my hike. It was an amazing adventure. Today I have a single layer card, make with my new stamp set, Country Roads.

I made my card base, using Pure Luxury Sandy Beach card stock, formed into 5 ½ by 4 ¼ inches. Then I stamped the covered bridge with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I began by shading the roof and rock base with my C5 Copic marker.

Added W3.

I began coloring the sides with E19.

Added E17.

Then filled in with E31.

For the tree trunk and fence, I used E57.

To color the tree, I just added dots using several Copics, starting with YR14.

Added dots with YR18.

More dots with E35.

Then a few more dots with YG95. I also used YG95 to color in the evergreen trees and grass.

Added N5 to shade inside the covered bridge.

Added N3.

Then filled in with N1. I also shaded at the base of the bride with N1.

For the water, I began with B21.

Then added a little B93.

Stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Then I drew in a shade with my Tuxedo Black Memento marker, used a Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® A2 Matting Basics B die template. 

And that is it! Thanks for visiting. I hope you week is off to a great start!  


5 comments:

craftieodmae said...

this is awesome!! this set is going on my Christmas list LOL! Love the bridge!

Anonymous said...

Theresa, I love your card and your new stamp set. I was on pinterest tonight as I often am and saw this card and I wanted to share it with you. I think you are sooooooo talented and thought if anyone could make a card like this it would be you. Just wanted to give you an idea that I thought you might have never seen before.

Take care and as I have often said thanks for inspiring me!

http://pinterest.com/pin/58617232620744140/

bluemoon said...

Great card and tutorial. Love the covered bridge stamp! I didn't know you could use copics on coloured paper? I was told to buy special white paper. Could you clarify or list any cs you can or cannot use with copics? thx so much. bluemoonbyniteatyahoodotcom

Becky said...

Awesome cas card Theresa..

Rosy Newlun said...

Can't wait to ink up this set - just arrived. Love your coloring, Theresa and this is CAS CLASS!