Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tranquil Birthday Scene Card Tutorial and Video

Hello stamping friends! Long time no video, but I have one today. I actually shot a video for my last card, but was unable to publish it due to technical ineptitude difficulties. Luckily I figured out my mistake before I made this card. I used The Northwoods stamp set from Gina K Designs.

Here is the video, but if you prefer, there are step by step photos below. 

Trim and piece of white cardstock to 3 1/4 by 4 1/2 inches and sponge Sweet Corn ink.

Cut a small circle using Spellbinders Classic Circles SM and trim in half with scissors. Use the semi-circle as a mask, then sponge over it with Sweet Mango ink.

Sponge Edible Eggplant ink.

Sponge Bubblegum Pink ink.

Sponge Little Boy Blue ink.

Sponge Blue Denim ink.

Use torn sticky notes to mask top and bottom, then sponge center with Chocolate Brown ink.

Sponge along the top torn edge with Black ink.

Remove masks and add new mask over top. Sponge with Edible Eggplant. (or maybe that is Blue Denim. I said Edible Eggplant in the video, but now I am thinking it is blue. Sorry about that!

Remove mask and stamp tree, from The Northwoods. Don't apply ink to the bottom of the stamp or use a mask to keep that part from stamping.

Mask the bottom, then stamp the small row of trees using Black ink, but stamp off on scratch paper first to make the image lighter.

Use N7 Copic marker to make reflection in water.

Add BV11 and BV13 to give more depth to the reflections and opaque white gel pen to make reflection for sun. I used my Faber Castel Big White Pen.

Stamp sentiment with Black.

The main panel was layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and the card base is Little Boy Blue (4 ¼ by 5 ½ inches).

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!

P.S. Did you see Gina has a brand new StampTV Kit out today? It's called Journey of the Heart and it is fantastic!


13 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

That is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing and for the video and tutorial. I love making 'scenes' and I hope to try to create similar. If I do I will let you know that I CASE'd it xx

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is so lovely! I'm excited to see this because I just received my Northwoods stamp set. Yay! Love your videos and tutorials!

Hello said...

WOW! That is beautiful! Thanks for the video tutorial. You make it look so easy -- I will have to give this one a try.

Unknown said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous Theresa! I'm definitely going to take time to watch the video.

Becky said...

WOW..what a gorgeous work of art. Thanks for the video.

Teresa said...

This is so beautiful... I love all the colors you used and how it came out... It's a Wowsers kinda card!!!

Victoria H. said...

So gorgeous...I love the beautiful scenes you create!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You are really good at what you do. Thank you for the tutorial and step by step. I just might give it a go.

c.szyba said...

so lovely ! thank you for the video,
bye from France
Pitchoune

Finding Joy in the Ordinary said...

I'm speechless! This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing this "how to video" with us.

Rosy Newlun said...

So stunning Theresa! I always learn more and more from you!!!

Toni said...

Thank you so much for posting your tutorial. I found your card inspiring and CASed it this weekend:
http://frankiehelpscraft.blogspot.com/2014/02/peaceful-sunset.html

Cheri said...

Your video are super inspiring, Theresa, I'd like to try and CASE this. I'll send you a link if I do.