Monday, September 5, 2011

So Thankful For You

Hello. Thank you all for your kindness and support. Your comments and emails about my losing Pebbles have really touched my soul and make me feel not so alone. Each day gets a little easier. So many of you have had and lost special pets, too. Thank you for sharing your stories with me.

As you can see, I was finally able to make a card. It's going to be hard for a while, since Pebbles was my card making buddy and always kept me company. This was made with a special Gina K mini set, one of three mini  sets  that could be free (see website for details) with a purchase this past week. There are a  few  hours left for the sale. It ends at 11:59pm Central tonight  (Sept 5), but I'm sure these will be available for purchase if you miss the sale.

The sunflower is from Stamping Duo set called Thankful For You.  I used Memento Tuxedo Black to stamp.

Looks like I forgot to take a picture of the Copics for the center, but I think it was E33 and YR12??? Then I used R89 at the base of the petals. 

Added R27.

Then added R24. 

And filled in with R22. 





Started with YG99 on the leaves.

Added YG97. 

Then added YG95. 




And filled in with YG91.

I used C5 and C3 to add a drop shadow by following the outline of the image on one side. 

I used circle Nestabilities to cut out the image, then I sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves. 

Then sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink. 

The cardbase is Pure Luxury Lipstick Red and 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches. I used my Scor-Buddy to score lines at the top and bottom. I layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown, cut with Lacy Circle Nestabilities and also added a layer using a sheet from the Falling For You pattern paper pack. The sentiment was also cut with circle Nestabilities and sponged the same way as the sunflower layer.

Thank you all so much for being there for me. I hope you have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really awesome looking card, Theresa! I love the way you show the tutorials of how you coloured them. I makes it all come to life. I hope I get that good one day.
Sorry, so sorry, for your loss of your pet - it hurts the heart just as bad as for a family member, because they ARE our family members. God bless you my friend! I'm here for you - hugz, Sharon

Janine said...

Glad you managed to get going again - love your tutorials

DebbieM said...

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better.
Your card is stunning as always and i love these colors.

Hugs, Debbie Meijer

craftieodmae said...

Love your card, my heart breaks for you, I too recently lost Bandit so I do know how you feel, I also 3 weeks later got 2 new puppies.........what was I thinking!!!!!!!!They are a hand full but I love them, you are in my thougths and prayers, stay busy and keep your mind busy too!

Unknown said...

It's good to see you creating again Theresa. You've created a fabulous card as you always do and wonder if this was made while you were thinking of Poppy?
She is still sitting quietly near you in spirit. xxx

Donna Hanley said...

Theresa, This card is beautiful, just like all of your cards. You are a fabulous colorist and card creator. I am still praying for you. As you said, it may get a little easier every day. Keep him alive, by thinking and talking about him daily. That way he never completely goes away, which is a good thing. God Bless You

Rae said...

This card is beautiful. Thank you for this tutorial. Hopefully, the work brings you peace.

MyAuntKath said...

Oh, Theresa, I was so sad to hear of your loss of Pebbles. I know exactly how you feel, in 2002 our Buffy got sick so quickly and when the vet saw her, she was diagnosed with lymphoma. My heart nearly broke. She was only 6 and we raised her from about 3 weeks. She was a tiny foundling. I missed her so much I had to visit pet shops to see the puppies.

We went on line to find a breeder and found one about 2 1/2 hours away. She raised Papilions. So that is how Lucy came to live with us but we had to wait another 6 weeks for her to be old enough. Buffy died on February 22 and we brought Lucy home on Memorial Day weekend.

I love your work and look forward to your cards. I appreciate your clear complete tutorials..Thank you. Peace Kathie

Nanc said...

love you show each step that helps so much.