Friday, March 23, 2012

Red Poppies

Happy Friday! I'm still in Phoenix, at the Spellbinders DT Retreat, but I've auto-scheduled this post. Melanie's gorgeous poppies, from Stately Flowers were calling to me, so I made this before I left.

I stamped the poppies on Pure Luxury White card stock and colored with Copic markers, starting with R29.

Added R08.

Added R05.

Then filled in with R02.

For the centers, I used E35 in the highlighted areas and E49 in the shadows.

Filled in the foliage with G24.

Then added some shading with YG95. After coloring, I cut out the flowers.

I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White with Spellbinders Labels 9 Nestabilities and sponged Memento New Sprout while still in the die.

Sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves at the bottom.

Then stamped the silhouette branch, from Gina K Dogwood and Butterfly, using Memento Bamboo Leaves.

I layered with Pure Luxury Fresh Asparagus, cut with Spellbiners Fleur De Lis Square die template, and a Pure Luxury Creme De Menthe. The card base is Fresh Asparagus (4 1/4 by 5 1/2).  I added the score lines with my Scor-Buddy. I also added some self adhesive pearls to accent. The sentiment is from Whimsical Wishes and stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.



15 comments:

Lou said...

Beautiful Beautiful card - I just love your tutorials - Your colouring is fabulous Thank you xxx

Dawnll said...

This is another stunning design
Love the colors and beauty of this image.
Know you are enjoying your time in Phoenix

Betty Benton said...

A stunning card, Theresa. Love the way you've colored the poppies and created a backdrop for them! Enjoy your retreat!~

Frk. Bogstad said...

Wow, how beautiful. Very lovely colored ♥

Rachael said...

This is lovely!

Lynn said...

WOW, These poppies looke 3D!!! they're jumping off the page. Thanks for the beautiful coloring directions.

ednamburgess said...

So very pretty and great instructions. Love the little background the actual poppies. Edna

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is outstanding!! Beautiful coloring!! So bummed we couldn't connect -- so close yet so far away....

janlm said...

I love all your green layers, they add such dimension and interest in addition to the image.

Kary said...

Hi Theresa, this is SO beautiful!! I'm always SO amazed at your colouring and sponging. Just Amazing!! Have a great time at the Spellbinders DT retreat!!

Marlis said...

Wunderschön !!!!!
Liebe Grüße Marlis

lakergirl said...

Yet ANOTHER beautiful design and coloring Theresa...just stunninng! Kim

Ruby said...

Ooh this is just stunning! Wow!! I loved seeing your step by step too, that background is fabulous! Thanks for popping by my blog for the Color Me Creative Birthday Bash, hope you enjoyed the hop!

Mrs Mac said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Barb Ghig said...

Another really stunning card! I really appreciate when you provide us with a tutorial (not that mine will ever look that good - LOL), but seriously, thank you so much! I'm so glad you had such a great time at the retreat...you deserve it for all the lovely things you do for us!