Saturday, March 31, 2012

Retreat Project and Much Gratitude


 Hello! I wanted to show you this mixed media project taught to us at the Spellbinders™  Retreat last week, by the fabulous Donna Salazer. Donna has her own line of Spellbinders Die Templates, which we used on this project.

I especially loved using Bitty Blossoms to create these gorgeous dimensional flowers. This was such a fun class!

Julianna Hudgins also taught a wonderful class on how to make wire beads and pendants, featuring Artistic Wire and Beadalon. I was so into this class I gave myself a blister on my thumb, from gripping the wire too tight. Now every time I notice the blister, I wind up with that Dire Straights song stuck in my head. (I wonder how many of you will pick up on that reference :-)  Julianna, in addition to being an amazing jewelry artist, also has her own designer line of Spellbinders Die Templates.

Jen Cushman introduced us to the most amazing product, called Ice Resin and taught a great class in how to use it. I'm so excited about this, I already ordered another jar!

The owner of EtchAll, Barbee Bosler also came and taught us a class in how to etch glass. There are so many great ways to incorporate this technique into paper crafting and gift ideas!

We were so lucky to get to attend all these classes!

Now for the gratitude part of this post. I just had to share a few photos of all the wonderful goodies we received at retreat. Stacy and Jeff Caron are the most amazing people and so very generous and thoughtful. They and everyone at Spellbinders went out of their way to welcome us and they all taught us so much. I am so grateful to Spellbinders for making this a dream come true!

Check out some of the fun goodies given to us from Spellbinders Cross Promotional Partners and Preferred Partners!

And more goodies...

And still more! Sorry about the glare in the photos. I snapped these photos at my kitchen table late at night. I think there might be a lifetime supply of some of these items. I've set myself a goal of using supplies of each and every company that sent us product, to feature on my blog. I think it might take all year! LOL. 

In the meantime, I want to say thank you to all the generous companies listed below. If I've missed anyone, I apologize. There is just so much to sort through!



Thanks for stopping by today. I will be back with a new card tutorial as soon as I get my photos edited, hopefully Monday morning. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! 

15 comments:

Madeleen said...

WOW! I'm speechless Theresa! Those companies sure are very generous but then again, they know that you guys will use the products well! The Bitty Blossom on your project is sooo cute! I love it!

Chelsea said...

Wow!!! How fun!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Double thud! That is an amazing DT package! You are going to be soooo busy but how nice to just "reach out" and the supplies are there......really looking forward to seeing what gorgeousness you will bring us this year
Super congrats again GF
Hugs
Linda

Payne Holler Cards said...

Double thud! That is an amazing DT package! You are going to be soooo busy but how nice to just "reach out" and the supplies are there......really looking forward to seeing what gorgeousness you will bring us this year
Super congrats again GF
Hugs
Linda

Vicki Dutcher said...

A.MAZ.ING haul!! Did you have to pay an additional suitcae to fly homed? LOL Starting out with a bang using your new goodies -- not even your style and you carried it off beautifully!! :)

Still bummed I didn't get t meet you!

Lynn B. said...

Wow! What a blessing to receive all that great stuff. And that's in addition to great people and classes. I know you'll make the most of it.

Tami B. said...

Holy cow! I would have thought I had died and gone to heaven with just a tiny fraction of that haul. Can't wait to see all the great things you are going to create with it.

Unknown said...

Wow...That's a great stash you received. I look forward to seeing your project on the Spellbinders site.

Cheryl Wright said...

Oh WOW! That is an amazing stash!!! You must feel so incredibly blessed to have attended the retreat.

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great stash, but you worked hard to get there and you and all DT members deserve everything you have been given.
The card is so pretty! I love the bitty blossoms dies too!

Kris in Alaska said...

Wowsers! Can't wait to see what you do with all that!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

Wow Theresa, what a very wonderful welcome, you so deserve it, you do such Terrific work and now you will have endless supplies in which to create!! How good it that to not be hindered by the "well, I just have to wait as I can't afford this or that," you now have everything one would need!!! ENJOY and have fun, will be checking in daily to see how you can inspire me some more!! Thanks for the photos, I really enjoyed!! This is almost as good as winning the lottery!!

Hugs
Donna

Barb Ghig said...

OMGoodness...I can't get over all the fabulous goodies you received ~ and you are so very deserving, too! I can't wait to see what you create with all your new products! Congrats!

Barb Ghig said...

I'm sorry...I meant to tell you how much I love your project...so beautiful, as always!

Betty Neville said...

Your project is gorgeous Theresa! Love all the dimension! That is a fabulous collection of products - congrats again and can't wait to see what you create with these goodies!