Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy Holidays Card Tutorial and and Invitation

 Hello! It's release day at Gina K Designs and StampTV. That means we are having a release party and all new stamps will become available in the store at 11am Central today. I hope you can join us at the party, over at StampTV.  I used my brand new set, Joyful Holiday, to make this card. It and all the new sets can be found here at 11am Central.

The other illustrators are all posting peeks at their sets today, too, so hop on over to see what they have to share...


    Gina K
    Becky Oehlers
    Beth Silaika
    Tami Mayberry


To make my card, I stamped the poinsettia w/ foliage image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and began coloring with YG97.

Then added YG95.

For for the holy leaves, I began with G03.

And added G07.

 For the poinsettia, I began with R27.

 Added R24.

Then filled in with R22. After coloring, I cut out around the outside. I also used a red Copic to trace over the swirls.

I stamped the sentiment on ivory card stock and cut it out using Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® Labels 18, then sponged with Memento Bamboo Leaves while still in the die template. 

I cut another piece of ivory using Spellbinders Ribbon Threader die template and sponged again with Memento Bamboo Leaves.


The layers were adhered with Pop Dots and I added a self adhesive pearl to the center of the poinsettia. I threaded a ribbon through the Ribbon Threader layer before adhering to the Pure Luxury Cherry Red card base (4 ¼ by 5 ½ inches). I also stamped holy in the corners. 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!



16 comments:

Melanie said...

so festive! (now I'm wishing I used red and green hee!) cute new die! I like how you stamped the holly in the corners, great way to dress up the frame!

Carolyn King said...

knocking it out of the park with that gorgeous card. love your new set--cannot wait to get it inky :)

Lori said...

Stunning card T!!! And the new set is gorgeous!!!!

meemee48 said...

Beautiful card, Theresa. I have looked at your blog a little bit before when there was a blog hop. But today I took the time to go back a few years and see all the wonderful scenes, beautiful copic coloring and detailed tutorials. I love all your work and look forward to seeing more of it.

Cat Tidwell said...

oh so awesome T!! Love those 'holy' corners!! :D

EstherT said...

Wow - that is a stunning Christmas card! I love it!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful Christmas card. It is gorgeous. Now I can hardly wait to see the rest of the set. What I have seen so far is amazingly beautiful!

Bunny said...

I love the colors. The stamp is beautiful. Thank you.

Karen McAlpine said...

Really liking the new images. Love how you did the foliage with the Copic markers.

windinstarsranch said...

Very nice set and of course your clever hand.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love....love....love!

Sharon Roselli said...

you always inspire me! thanks for getting my mojo running again. your coloring is awesome

Kay M said...

Your cards are always fabulous!! You have a keen eye for color and design.

Kay M said...

Your cards are always fabulous!! You have a keen eye for color and design.

janet33234 said...

Gorgeous card. Great attention to detail. Thank you for the inspiration.

Lynne said...

Lovely card and great copics tutorial.