Thursday, December 27, 2012

Monochromatic Bird of Paradise Tutorial

Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Before I talk about my card, I want to let you know about a wonderful End of Year Sale at Gina K Designs. For the first time, select stamp sets are retiring and on sale for 40% off! Be sure to check out the team's Pinterest Board for some inspiration featuring the retiring sets.

And now about the card. I used the bird of paradise image from Elegant Florals. To begin, I cut a piece of Pure Luxury card stock to 2 ½ by 2 ½ inches and rounded the corners. Then I sponged Memento Desert Sand ink in the middle. 

Stamped the flower using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Began coloring with my E27 Copic marker.

Added E25.

Then filled in with E31.

I had left one petal uncolored for a bit of contrast and I used E53 on that one.

Then I added YG93 to the stem.

I used BV00 to add a shadow around the edges of the flower.

I used Spellbinders™ Marvelous Squares Nestabilities® to cut another piece of Ivory Pure Luxury card stock and sponged Memento Rich Cocoa while it was still in the die template.

I layered with more pieces cut from Pure Luxury Dark Chocolate card stock, using Marvelous Sqares.  The ivory card base is 5 inches square. I added a sheer bow, embellished with a pearl brad.

Thanks for dropping by. I hope you have a great weekend! I'll try to get back to more regular posting after the New Year. Busy, busy busy!

Stay safe and stay warm!



2 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

Hi, Theresa -- this is one of my favorite sets! Thank you for creating it. I love your sepia toned card today! It's very hip and elegant to look at. Your card still sits above my pillow on my headboard. Much love to you <3 rosy

CASTOWNE said...

Another beautiful card and amazing tutorial. Thank you so much for sharing your artistry.