Friday, September 6, 2013

CAS Birthday Balloons Tutorial

 Hello! Today I have a clean and simple card using Up and Away. Before I get to the details of my card, I want to let you know about an amazing sale at Gina K Designs.

Gina is having a Super Sale and a number of clear stamp sets are on sale for Half Price! Just click on the link to see which sets are on sale. 


 To start I stamped my hot air balloons using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I pulled a lazy and stuck both stamps on the same acrylic block to stamp.

 To color, I began with my R89 Copic marker.

 Added R27.

 Added R24.

 Then filled in with R22.

 On the smaller hot air balloon, I started with YR07.

 Added YR04.

 Then filled in with Y17. After coloring, I cut out both images.

 I trimmed Pure Luxury White cardstock to 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches. Then I placed a strip of low tack tape across the front to serve as a mask and sponged Memento Danube Blue ink.

Tip- When making single layer cards, I like to add the score line, but not fold the card base until the card is complete. The score line serves as a guide, making it easier with placement of images, etc. Waiting to fold the card base makes it easier to stamp because it lies flat on your work surface. 

 Next I sponged Memento Paris Dusk.

Then stamped the birthday sentiment using Memento Tuxedo Black.



4 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Oh, I love this card!! Such a clean design!! Fabulous!

~ Jo ~ said...

Very pretty! I am fond of those hot air balloons you keep using! Love your design, TFS!

Hugs,
Jo
xox
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

AJ said...

your coloring skills always amaze me Theresa!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Another beautiful card! I just ordered this stamp set, can't wait until it comes. What a great tip to mask off an area for the greeting. I am going to try this.