Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Gold Flakes Card Making Tutorial

Hi there! I have another Let It Snow card to share with you today.

I started with a piece of ivory cardstock and sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink along the bottom.

Then sponged Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I was going for a whimsical look, so I made a bit of a wave with the color.

Then I used my black sponge dauber, just using the residual ink on it, to add some color at the bottom.

It's hard to see in the photo, but I stamped two snowflakes using VersaMark ink. You can click on the photos to see them larger.  

Then sprinkled gold embossing powder and heat embossed.

Next, I stamped a few smaller snowflakes with Memento Desert Sand ink.


The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed on ivory cardstock, then cut and embossed using Spellbinders® Labels Thirty-One. Then I sponged with Memento Desert Sand while still in the die template. I added some Zva Creative self adhesive pearl bling, then layered with Pure Luxury Dark Chocolate on a Gold card base (5 ½ by 4 ¼ inches).

4 comments:

TammieLien said...

Theresa I just love it and wish i could sponge like you..I am working on it.Just so beautiful.The colors you used is just perfect.Thanks for sharing and hugs:)

Sharyn Polesel said...

Another beautiful card, Theresa. I love the elegance of the gold.....really special.

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Outstanding, as always! Love the pop of that Dark Choloate against the elegant gold. Lovely!

Melisa Waldorf said...

LOVE this one Theresa. The snowflakes in gold are fabulous. Have a great day!